The 1841 population was 2,949
Wrotham fell within the Hundred of Wrotham. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Malling.
Probate Jurisdiction was Shoreham to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
The ancient parish of Wrotham includes the settlements of Plaxtol and Borough Green, and also a detached portion known as Woodlands.
See NWKFHS publications West Kent Sources and School Records for further information.