The 1841 population was 2,753
Speldhurst fell within the Hundred of Washlingstone. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Tonbridge.
Probate Jurisdiction was Rochester to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Speldhurst parish included part of Tunbridge Wells town, also Groombridge chapel, Rusthall and Langton Green.
See NWKFHS publications West Kent Sources and School Records for further information.
Church and Chapels (pre 1910)
Church of England cont.
- Evangelical Free Chapel: Northfields. (1886). No information on registers.
- Wesleyan: Stonewall Park Rd, Langton green. Built 1871 (replaced earlier building?); closed cWWII. Original registers from 1849.