Members Interests Instruction Page
If you are a member of the Society and would like your surname interests added to these web pages, please download the Interests Submission Form (see button link below). Complete all details and either send the completed form to the address below or scan and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NWKFHS Members' Interests
c/o KCC Library
80 Summerhouse Drive
Kent DA5 2EE
You need not restrict your surnames to Kent interests. In general we restrict the definition of 'London' to the City only, i.e. prior to the formation of the County of London in 1889. For areas outside the city, please use Middlesex, Essex, Surrey, Kent etc. as appropriate.
Please also note the following points :-
- If you change your email address, please let us know by sending an email to the above address. Again, please identify yourself with a membership number and provide a list of the Surnames you are interested in.
- A surname can be included more than once if the place & time period are very different. However, please try to minimise the size of our web pages by combining place names together as far as possible and giving broad date ranges - rather than listing a number of slightly different place and date combinations. Entries for the same surname repeated more than two or three times may be omitted.
- Identify variants separately only if they are important and would appear at different places in the alphabetical sequence.
- Don't include forenames, or any unnecessary additional details. If you do, they will be omitted.There's no specific limit on the number of entries we can include per person, but please be reasonable.
- If you are changing or supplementing a previous submission, please make this clear so as to avoid duplicating your earlier entries - reconciling old and new entries can be time-consuming, so please avoid repeatedly adding new entries. If you're not sure about whether surnames are on the site, please check first.
- These on-line listings are separate from the printed Members' Interests that appear each quarter in the journal.
If you are making a study of a particular town or village, or a specific subject area connected with family history, we can include that too.