The 1841 population was 9,256
Milton-next-Gravesend fell within the Hundred of Toltingtrough. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Gravesend & Milton.
Probate Jurisdiction was Rochester.
Milton included much of the town of Gravesend, to which the civil parish was united in 1915.
See NWKFHS publications West Kent Sources and School Records for further information.
Church and Chapels (pre 1910)
Church of England cont.
- Holy Trinity: Milton Place. Church built 1844, demolished 1963; parish created 1845 from Sts. Peter & Paul. Original registers date from 1845.
- Providence Chapel: No information on registers.