The 1841 population was 597
Kidbrooke fell within the Hundred of Blackheath. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Lewisham-1868, Woolwich 1868-.
Probate Jurisdiction was Rochester to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Originally an ancient parish, but later deemed a Liberty; the ecclesiastical parish of Kidbrooke was created in 1867, partly from the liberty and partly from Charlton.
See NWKFHS publications West Kent Sources and School Records for further information.