Suburb that grew up in the south-western part of Lewisham parish. The Crystal Palace was moved there in 1854.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- St Bartholomew: Westwood Hill. (map ref D) Church built 1827-32; parish created 1855 from Lewisham St Mary. Original registers from 1832.
Parish Register images published by NWKFHS (Microfiche Ref. OR36-38) See Parish Register Publications.
- Holy Trinity: (map ref E) Church built 1865-6; closed 1976, demolished 1981; parish created 1866 from Lewisham St Mary. Original registers from 1867.
- St Matthew: Panmure Rd. Church built 1879-82 as chapel-of-ease to St Bartholomew, demolished 1939. Original registers from 1883.
- St Philip the Apostle: Taylors Lane. (map ref F) Church built 1864-67, demolished 1982; parish created 1869 from Sydenham St Bartholomew. Original registers from 1867.
- St Michael & All Angels: Bell Green, now Champion Crescent. (map ref G) Church built 1863-4 as chapel-of-ease to St Bartholomew, destroyed 1940; parish created 1879 from St Bartholomew, Forest Hill Christ Church, Lewisham St Mary. Original registers from 1868.
- All Saints: Trewsbury Rd. Church built 1901-3; parish created 1909 from Lower Sydenham. No information on registers
- Our Lady & St Philip Neri: Sydenham Rd. Iron church 1872; rebuilt 1881, destroyed 1940; rebuilt 1959. Original registers from 1884.
- Baptist: Mission Hall, Bell Green, Sydenham. (1883-1933 sold). No information on registers
- Baptist: Perry Rise, Sydenham. (1899). No information on registers
- Congregational: Wells Rd, Sydenham. (1849-1938 closed). No information on registers
- Congregational: Lower Sydenham. (1819). No information on registers
- Other: Brethren Mayow Hall, Sydenham. (1889). No information on registers