OS Grid Reference: TQ6240
The 1841 population was 1,093
Pembury fell within the Hundred of Washlingstone. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Tonbridge.
Probate Jurisdiction was Rochester to 1845, PCC 1846-57.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- St Peter (Ancient Parish church)
- St Peter Upper Church: Hastings Rd. Church built 1846-7. Original registers from 1910.
- Baptist: Bopeep. (1834). No information on registers
- Independent: Bethel, Lower Green. (1835-1885 demolished). No information on registers
- Wesleyan: (1835) later Hastings Rd (1884-?). No information on registers
For project purposes this parish is covered by Kent FHS.