A settlement which grew up on the borders of Lewisham, Charlton and Greenwich parishes.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
- Holy Trinity: Blackheath Hill. (map ref G) Church built 1839, now demolished; parish created 1849, refounded 1858 from Greenwich St Alphege. Original registers from 1868.
- Church of The Ascension: Dartmouth Row. (map ref R) Built as a chapel of ease 1697, rebuilt 1750/1838; parish created 1883 from Lewisham St Mary. Original registers from 1879.
- St Michael & All Angels Blackheath Park. (map ref E)
- All Saints Blackheath Vale. (map ref Q)
- St John the Evangelist St John's Park. (map ref H)
- St Mary: Cresswell Park. Built 1872 as orphanage with chapel open to public; closed 1904. No information on registers
- Our Lady Help of Christians: Cresswell Park. Church built 1890-1. Original registers from 1874.
- Congregational: Independents Rd, Blackheath. (1854-1940 des.). No information on registers
- Congregational: Lawn Terrace, Blackheath. (1854). No information on registers
- Other: Morden College Chapel, Blackheath. Original registers from 1702.