OS Grid Reference: TQ5643
The 1841 population was 260
"Bidborough is a village and prish, 4 miles south-south-west of Tunbridge station, and 4 north-east of Tunbridge Wells, in the lateh of Aylesford, Washlingstone Hundred, and Tunbridge Union.....The church is a small ancient edifice, with a tower and 2 bells. The living is a rectory, value œ300, in the gift of John Deacon, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. Charles Bigsby, M.A." 1852 directory
Bidborough = Bitta's tumulus. OE Bittan beorg
Bidborough fell within the Hundred of Washlingstone. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Tonbridge.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
For project purposes this parish is also covered by Tunbridge Wells FHS.