OS Grid Reference: TQ5138
The 1841 population was 224
"Ashurst, or 'the wood of ashes', is a parish destitute of anything like a village, distant about four miles from Tonbridge Wells. The river Medway, which here is but a small stream, bounds the parish on the north-west. The church is a small edifice; the living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of Earl de la Warr." Pigot's Directory, 1839
Ashurst = Ash wooded hill. OE aesc hyrst
Ashurst fell within the Hundred of Washlingstone. Its 19th century Registration District & Poor Law Union was Tonbridge.
Some records are with Speldhurst.
Churches and Chapels (pre-1910)
Church of England
For project purposes this parish is also covered by Tunbridge Wells FHS.